Robert Weisbrot, author of the Official Guide to the Xenaverse confirmed as a guest
Ride/roomshare message board
When: April 18, 1998
Where: Skyline Hotel, Tenth Avenue and W. 49th Street, NYC
Admission: $25 Adults, $15 Children under 12
Guest: Robert Weisbrot, author of the Official Guide to the Xenaverse For Fest and Registration Info Contact: Mistopholees at email@example.com
Vendors Contact: Dragon Lady at BJFitzpat@aol.com
For Updates Check: Tom's Xena Page at www.xenafan.com, Sword and Staff at xena.simplenet.com/swordstaff.html
Volunteers needed! If you are coming to the Fest and would like to help us out, please send Betsy an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Remarkably, we now have plenty of volunteers for the early morning set-up! But we still need people to help break down and clean up at the end of the day, and to help guard the door in 1-hour shifts throughout the day.
We've got a great line-up of events scheduled, including:
- ROB WEISBROT, presentation/Questions & Answers
- An oral and video presentation by LAURA IRVINE and CYNTHIA COOPER on the influence of the HONG KONG ACTION FILMS on Xena:Warrior Princess
- SAL_FAN will be conducting our TRIVIA CONTEST, and he's planning a new twist to the event
- BRET RUDNICK will give a presentation entitled THE ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE which will utilize every conceivable kind of electronic recording device known to mankind. This should be a real goodie.
- We've got some great items for our CHARITY AUCTION AND RAFFLE which will benefit Gilda's Club and The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- The COSTUME CONTEST was such a hit last year, it will certainly be repeated this year. So, if you've got a costume and would like to enter the contest, wear it or bring it along.
- We're looking for fearless volunteers to participate in the production of a XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS SKIT. So, if you're a frustrated actor or just a ham, this is your chance. It should be a hoot!
- We've lined up a few events specifically for the kids. We'll repeat our CHAKRAM TOSS (which look incredibly like bagels), a FACE PAINTING STATION, a DRAWING CONTEST, and we'll even have a few auction items that are specifically for children to bid on.
- We will, of course, be showing VIDEOS throughout the day. So if you've been looking to see some INTERVIEWS you've missed or want to see some awesome fan-produced MUSIC VIDEOS, this will be the place to do it.
Once again we've reserved a block of rooms at the Marriott East Side located at 525 Lexington Avenue. The room rate is $169 per night, and we've reserved rooms for the nights of Friday, April 17th and Saturday, April 18th. The telephone number of the Marriott East Side is 1-212-755-4000. Before you ask for the group rate, ask if the hotel is running any weekend specials you might be able to take advantage of. They run them on a random basis and you might be able to save some money by opting for the promo rare instead of the group rate. If you do register as part of the block, be sure to identify yourself as part of the XenaFest group.
To avoid any confusion, all notices and information regarding the NYC XenaFest will only be made by Dragon Lady or myself. If it doesn't come from us, don't believe it. And, like last year, information about the fest will be posted up on Tom's Xena Page at www.xenafan.com. Check there in a couple of days for any new developments and to see what we're up to. And we'll also post to the Sword and Staff web site at xena.simplenet.com/swordstaff.html.
We are hoping to have a guest and we are working toward that end. Should that happen, we'll certainly let you all know.
We're looking forward to seeing you all again.
Mistopholees, Dragon Lady, Tom Simpson, Betsy Book, Rinah, and Michele
The NYC XenaFest Committee
P.O. Box 224
Floral Park, NY 11002-0224